Azerbaijan’s Foreign Ministry published its package of terms that it officially introduced to Armenia in order for relations between the two to normalize. The proposal, posted on March 14, consists of five terms.
- Mutual recognition of each other’s sovereignty, territorial integrity, inviolability of international borders and political independence;
- Mutual confirmation of the absence of territorial claims of states against each other and the legal obligation not to file such a claim in the future;
- Refraining from threatening each other’s security in interstate relations, from using threats and force against political independence and territorial integrity, as well as from other circumstances incompatible with the purposes of the UN Charter;
- Delimitation and demarcation of the state border, establishment of diplomatic relations;
- Opening of transport and communications, establishment of other relevant communications and cooperation in other areas of mutual interest.
Spokesperson of the ministry Leyla Abdullayeva stated that the proposal was sent to Yerevan several days ago.